OS AddressBase Plus
A comprehensive GB address database with advanced attribution
Along with Royal Mail PAF data, AddressBase Plus gives you up-to-date local authority addresses, multi-occupancy addresses and OS MasterMap TOID references. Accuracy is guaranteed with address information sourced from 380 local authorities across Great Britain, Ordnance Survey large-scale mapping, Royal Mail and the Valuation Office Agency.
AddressBase Plus contains current properties using addresses sourced from Local Authorities, Ordnance Survey and Royal Mail for England, Wales and Scotland. The product currently contains approximately 35 million records. OS AddressBase Plus is provided on a six week update cycle.
All address records are provided with an UPRN (Unique Property Reference Number), and the product contains all current addresses validated from Local Custodians and additional Royal Mail attribution where matched.
The product enables the end-user to locate an address or property on a map using either X & Y coordinates supplied on the British National Grid or Latitude and Longitude coordinates provided on an ETRS89 projection. The product also includes cross references to OS MasterMap Topography Layer TOID references.
Data Enrichment with UPRN
OS AddressBase Plus can be used in any application which requires the precise location of an address. It can also be used to enrich records in your data with the Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN). UPRNs allows different databases to be connected based on a unique frame of reference – location.
Adding the UPRN to databases can help make deeper sense of data once it’s all linked together. Every property in Great Britain has a UPRN, and OS AddressBase Plus adds a precise location. This accurate and consistent reference system links people across multiple services, enabling data analytics and unlocking predictive insights that can underpin policy making.
OS AddressBase Plus offers a valuable range of benefits to your organisation:
- Reduces the effort of maintaining address information across multiple departments
- Facilitates data-sharing between multiple organisations and departmental systems
- Connectivity – with the UPRN as the key identifier for a property/address, systems can share information without the need for multiple matching processes needing to be in place
OS AddressBase Premium
As the flagship address database from Ordnance Survey, AddressBase Premium gives you the most up to date, accurate information about addresses, properties and land areas where services are provided. With alternative names and full building life cycle information, you will have all the information needed to shape the way you plan, operate and communicate with your audience.
Our Added Value
By licensing OS map data products through Europa Technologies, you will automatically receive the following benefits, usually charged additionally by many of our competitors:
- Free Data Life Support – any questions or issues with the product during the licence period, just ask!
- Broad range of formats available – Ordnance Survey supply their products in limited formats but we can convert into all common GIS formats such as MapInfo TAB, Esri Shapefile, Esri File GeoDatabase and others.
- Expert advice from an award-winning Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner and Ordnance Survey Accredited Consultant.
If you have a requirement for Ordnance Survey data, or are an existing licence holder and are considering a new supplier, please contact us.
How can we help you?
If you have any questions about OS AddressBase Plus or would like to place an order, please contact one of our experienced consultants who will be happy to help you.