There is now a proliferation of digital mapping data sources available to Local Government, Central Government and the NHS. These underpin a vast amount of the services delivered by government today. Providing cost effective access to these data sources is key and so the Public Sector Mapping agreement (PSMA) and One Scotland Mapping Agreement (OSMA) represent a milestone in enabling UK Government to benefit from existing mapping data supplied by Ordnance Survey. It provides access to digital maps for the purpose of enabling member organisations to better fulfil their statutory obligations.
However, with this wealth of geographic information, together with your own asset data, it can often be difficult to provide end-users, both internal and public, with access to the right information, in the right format, on the right platform, at the right time.
Furthermore, public sector bodies are increasingly expected to do more with less, making it necessary to review the existing GI landscape and look for better value, more efficient solutions.
Ordnance Survey © Crown copyright. All rights reserved.
Many public sector organisations struggle with the following issues:
- Legacy infrastructure – different applications on different platforms reading different formats
- Complex data translation tools – to bridge the chasm between raw data and usable product
- Different data update cycles – including full resupply and change-only update
- Onerous data hosting needs – especially when different platforms use different file formats
- Expensive licence renewals – often more expensive than initial licence fees for next generation applications
- User performance expectations – nobody wants to wait for a map to draw
Introducing viaEuropa for Public Sector (PSMA/OSMA)
Europa Technologies offers a fully managed service, viaEuropa for PSMA/OSMA, to service the maps you need for your desktop, web and mobile applications. This could include OS OpenData or any of the products licensed to you under the PSMA/OSMA such as OS MasterMap, OS VectorMap Local, historic maps and imagery data. The service also allows you to serve your own asset data perfectly integrated with the underlying mapping data. Cartography can be developed to replicate the appearance of an existing map or implement a completely new style. The finished tile cache can be hosted within your own IT infrastructure or from our own high performance servers.
Why use a managed service to prepare & supply digital maps ready-to-use?
- Saves time by harnessing a purpose built render farm
- Saves money by avoiding the need for costly data translator licences
- Improves customer service by applying updates faster
Why use a web mapping API to deliver applications?
- Saves time by utilising existing, rapid deployment tools
- Saves money by negating expensive, proprietary software licences
- Improves customer service by delivering an intuitive end-user experience
Why use tile services for mapping apps?
- Saves time by rendering tiles in advance, optimising performance
- Saves money by supporting users on all platforms: desktop, web and mobile
- Improves customer service by displaying beautiful, easy to interpret maps
Why use a hosted service to serve your maps?
- Saves time by always showing the latest data
- Saves money by avoiding hardware acquisition
- Removes the time, effort and expertise needed to manage your own service internally
- Improves customer service by serving maps faster than most internal servers
For further information, please contact our experienced consultants who will be happy to help you.
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 64 55 60 (direct)
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 37 97 31 (direct)