OS AddressBase Premium
The ultimate address database of Great Britain
As the flagship address database from Ordnance Survey, AddressBase Premium gives you the most up-to-date, accurate information about addresses, properties and land areas where services are provided. With alternative names and full building life cycle information, you will have all the information you need to shape the way you plan, operate and communicate with your audience.
OS AddressBase Premium
AddressBase Premium provides the most detailed view of an address and its life cycle for England, Wales and Scotland. It has over 40 million addresses and 100 million cross references as well as providing all the information relating to an address or property from creation to retirement. OS AddressBase Premium is provided on a six week update cycle.
The product contains Local Authority, Ordnance Survey and Royal Mail addresses. This includes alternative addresses for current records where available, indicating variations on the official addresses; and provisional addresses (proposed planning developments), and historic information (demolished properties) where available.
OWPA (Objects Without a Postal Address) and Cross References to VOA data and products such as the OS MasterMap Topography Layer are also included.
Data Enrichment with UPRN
OS AddressBase Premium can be used in any application which requires the precise location of an address. It can also be used to enrich records in your data with the Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN). UPRNs allows different databases to be connected based on a unique frame of reference – location.
Adding the UPRN to databases can help make deeper sense of data once it’s all linked together. Every property in Great Britain has a UPRN, and OS AddressBase Premium adds a precise location. This accurate and consistent reference system links people across multiple services, enabling data analytics and unlocking predictive insights that can underpin policy making.
OS AddressBase Premium offers a valuable range of benefits to your organisation:
- Reduces the effort of maintaining address information across multiple departments
- Facilitates data-sharing between multiple organisations and departmental systems
- Connectivity – with the UPRN as the key identifier for a property/address, systems can share information without the need for multiple matching processes needing to be in place
Our Added Value
By licensing OS map data products through Europa Technologies, you will automatically receive the following benefits, usually charged additionally by many of our competitors:
- Free Data Life Support – any questions or issues with the product during the licence period, just ask!
- Broad range of formats available – Ordnance Survey supply their products in limited formats but we can convert into all common GIS formats such as MapInfo TAB, Esri Shapefile, Esri File GeoDatabase and others.
- Expert advice from an award-winning Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner and Ordnance Survey Accredited Consultant.
If you have a requirement for Ordnance Survey data, or are an existing licence holder and are considering a new supplier, please contact us.
How can we help you?
If you have any questions about OS AddressBase Premium or would like to place an order, please contact one of our experienced consultants who will be happy to help you.