OS Code-Point with Polygons
Visualise the big picture in postcode geography
OS Code-Point with Polygons shows the notional shape of every postcode unit in Great Britain and includes major buildings with multiple postcodes.
OS Code-Point with Polygons
With over 1.6 million postcodes all mapped out, OS Code-Point with Polygons brings geographic analysis location to life and helps you make better decisions.
For compelling visuals, OS Code-Point with Polygons lets you apply shading to individual postcodes on a map. This means you can analyse location data at the most granular level and bring your results vividly to life. The product includes every single postcode in Great Britain – including those for different floors of high-rise buildings.
For accuracy, we give every postcode a positional quality rating and map out the boundaries of only the postcodes we can locate most precisely.
The product is updated quarterly in February, May, August and November.
OS Code-Point with Polygons can be used to display and analyse any data collected at the postcode level. This has led to the product being widely used in a variety of applications, including:
- Site location
- Enable web searches
- Market analysis and profiling
- Health and epidemiology
- Resource allocation
- End-to-end to end journey route planning
- Socio-economic profiling
- Sales targeting
For each coordinated record, OS Code-Point with Polygons provides:
- Information about the number and type of postal delivery points in the postcode
- Positional quality indicator (PQI), which indicates the quality of the data underlying the Code-Point location coordinate (CPLC)
- Country indicator (either England, Scotland or Wales)
- Postcode type
- National Health Service region and area codes
- Local government county, district and ward codes
Please note that Code-Point with Polygons does not contain any data for Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or Channel Islands.
Our Added Value
By licensing OS map data products through Europa Technologies, you will automatically receive the following benefits, usually charged additionally by many of our competitors:
- Free Data Life Support – any questions or issues with the product during the licence period, just ask!
- Broad range of formats available – Ordnance Survey supply their products in limited formats but we can convert into all common GIS formats such as MapInfo TAB, Esri Shapefile, Esri File GeoDatabase and others.
- Expert advice from an award-winning Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner and Ordnance Survey Accredited Consultant.
If you have a requirement for Ordnance Survey data, or are an existing licence holder and are considering a new supplier, please contact us.
How can we help you?
If you have any questions about our data products or would like to place an order, please contact one of our experienced consultants who will be happy to help you.