The new geography for business planning
OS Code-Point precisely locates 1.7 million postcode units in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Each unit contains an average of 15 adjoining addresses.
For direct marketers, Code-Point helps you maximise your response rates by targeting customers in the best postcodes for your offering.
OS Code-Point can show up geographical hot-spots so you can target local action on, for example, petty crime or disease outbreaks. By giving a split between residential and commercial addresses in each postcode, the product lets you work out which areas to target for your products and services, making it a powerful Location Intelligence tool.
The product is updated quarterly in February, May, August and November.
OS Code-Point can be used to display and analyse any data collected at the postcode level. This has led to the product being widely used in a variety of applications, including:
- Site location
- Enable web searches
- Market analysis and profiling
- Health and epidemiology
- Resource allocation
- End-to-end to end journey route planning
- Socio-economic profiling
- Sales targeting
For each coordinated record, OS Code-Point provides:
- Information about the number and type of postal delivery points in the postcode
- Positional quality indicator (PQI), which indicates the quality of the data underlying the Code-Point location coordinate (CPLC)
- Country indicator (either England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland)
- Postcode type
- National Health Service region and area codes
- Local government county, district and ward codes
Code-Point includes postcodes in Northern Ireland, so you can analyse data and provide accurate online look-ups right across the United Kingdom. Please note that Code-Point does not contain any data for the Isle of Man or Channel Islands.
Our Added Value
By licensing OS map data products through Europa Technologies, you will automatically receive the following benefits, usually charged additionally by many of our competitors:
- Free Data Life Support – any questions or issues with the product during the licence period, just ask!
- Broad range of formats available – Ordnance Survey supply their products in limited formats but we can convert into all common GIS formats such as MapInfo TAB, Esri Shapefile, Esri File GeoDatabase and others.
- Expert advice from an award-winning Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner and Ordnance Survey Accredited Consultant.
If you have a requirement for Ordnance Survey data, or are an existing licence holder and are considering a new supplier, please contact us.
How can we help you?
If you have any questions about our data products or would like to place an order, please contact one of our experienced consultants who will be happy to help you.