Europa Technologies has announced the latest version of its market-leading family of global data products.
The v2020.1 release introduces significant improvements including:
- Increase to over 2 million place names
- Extended support for exonyms in 21+ languages
- Support for UN M49 and NATO STANAG 1059 country codes
- Updated international and 1st/2nd level administrative boundaries
- Updated time zones with DST for 2020/2021
- New layers: Antarctica claims and Chinese nine-dash line
- Support for Uber H3 hexagonal grid system
- Updated earthquakes layer
- Updated monthly (2019) cloud cover raster layers
Additionally, the new release delivers thousands of minor updates and improvements.
The global data suite from Europa Technologies includes Global Discovery, Global Insight Plus, Global Insight and Global 360. The updates have also been applied to Global CRESTA Plus – a high-quality implementation of the CRESTA zone system used by insurers and reinsurers.
Warren Vick, Founder & Director of Europa Technologies said, “As a cornerstone of our business, this major release demonstrates the ongoing commitment to our global map data suite. Our premier products continue to set the gold standard in both quality and content.”
The new product release will continue to be available as a service through the award-winning viaEuropa platform. viaEuropa provides access to hosted, high quality cartography as OGC-compliant web services which can be easily consumed by desktop, mobile and web applications.
For more information on the Europa Technologies global data suite, visit: