Europa Technologies has released the latest major version (v2019.1) of its market-leading suite of global map data products. As the most widely deployed digital map of the world, these products continue to help businesses, governments and NGOs manage their international activities. They also underpin important environmental research on many issues affecting our planet.
Amongst thousands of minor updates and enhancements, the new release includes:
- An increase to over 1.5 million named places
- Political updates to over 40 countries
- Updated 1st and 2nd level administrative boundaries
- Continued high-resolution border improvements
- Time zones updated with DST for 2019/2020
- New: IMO Particularly Sensitive Sea Areas (PSSA) layer
- Updated Earthquakes layer
- Updated Exclusive Economic Zones layer
- Updated monthly (2018) cloud cover raster layers
- Cartographic styling improvements
- New: Availability in Esri File Geodatabase format
The global map data products published by Europa Technologies are recognised and utilised by earth scientists and a variety of businesses and organisations, including Fortune Global 500 companies, governments and missions of the United Nations. The data is licensed by Google for use within the ubiquitous Google Earth and Google Maps services.
Warren Vick, Founder & Director of Europa Technologies said, “We are delighted to release this new version of our highly-respected suite of global data. In our continued commitment to these market-leading products, we are proud to provide a powerful tool for both earth scientists and organisations with international interests”.
The new product release will continue to be available as a service through the award-winning viaEuropa platform. viaEuropa provides access to hosted, high quality cartography as OGC-compliant web services which can be easily consumed by desktop, mobile and web applications.
For more information on the Europa Technologies global data suite, visit: