- Now available in cost effective urban packages – NEW!
- Detailed building footprints
- Select and style features independently
- Over 100 different feature classes, with associated attribution
- Discounts for individual and small group use
- Annual licence period
- Updated quarterly
- General reference mapping
- Insurance risk assessment
- Sales and marketing analysis
- Thermal heat loss surveys
- Cellular network coverage
- Public Safety
- Navigation products
- Urban density modelling
OS VectorMap Local is a comprehensive digital vector map created by Ordnance Survey, the national mapping agency of Great Britain. It sits between OS MasterMap and the free OS OpenData product portfolio, providing a rich and detailed base map suitable for a broad range of applications.
OS VectorMap Local includes over 100 different feature classes, including detailed building footprints in vector form, available for the first time outside of the OS MasterMap Topography Layer. It also includes classified roads, water features, land form features, urban areas, railways, vegetation extents, height data and cartographic text features. The product has features and attribution conducive to the production of high quality digital cartography.
OS VectorMap Local has been designed with different portrayals in mind, and is supplied with a variety of suggested map styles. Keen cartographers can also create their own styles to ensure an appearance suitable for the intended application.
Urban Packages – NEW!
The following unique urban packages for OS VectorMap Local have been designed and built by Europa Technologies. They have been carefully engineered to optimise population coverage by area.
|Package||Description||Geographic Coverage||Population Coverage||Proportion of full GB price|
|Urban||Cities & large towns only||>15,000 sq km||~62%||<7%|
|Urban Plus||All cities & towns||>31,000 sq km||~86%||<14%|
|Urban Premium||All urban areas||>46,000 sq km||~92%||20%|
Note: Description provides an indication of the typical contents of each package. Population coverage figures calculated using 2001 census statistics.
Industry scenario – Insurance
- Visualise detailed building footprints and understand relationships between neighbours that may be on different streets and in different postcodes.
- Understand how perils such as flood could affect the properties in your portfolio.
- Analyse the risk of chain events, such as fire, arising from the close proximity of multiple buildings.
Our Added Value
By purchasing OS VectorMap Local from Europa Technologies, you will automatically receive the following benefits, usually charged additionally by many of our competitors:
- Free Data Life Support – any questions or issues with the product during the licence period, just ask!
- Broad range of vector formats available – Ordnance Survey supplies OS VectorMap Local only in GML, but we can convert this into more commonly used formats such as MapInfo TAB, ESRI Shapefiles and others.
- Expert advice from an Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner and Ordnance Survey Accredited Consultant, who has been working with OS VectorMap Local since inception.
- Geometry: Points, Lines, Polygons, Text
- Features include: Roads, Railways, Vegetation, Boundaries, Urban Extent, Buildings
- Resolution: Two decimal places of a metre
- Coverage: Great Britain / Urban Packages / Custom
- Scale: suitable for display between 1:3,000 and 1:20,000
- Coordinate system: British National Grid
Data Formats & Media
OS VectorMap Local is available in the following data formats:
- ESRI Shapefile
- MapInfo TAB
- MapInfo MIF/MID
Other major data formats, including support for spatial databases, are available.
OS VectorMap Local is normally supplied on DVD.
Pricing & Licensing
OS VectorMap Local can be licensed for internal business use, including deployment on the Internet or corporate intranet.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and request a quotation. Contact details can be found below.
viaEuropa Hosted Map Services
Europa Technologies can also manage Ordnance Survey digital maps for you. Our award-winning viaEuropa service delivers Ordnance Survey data as map tiles for consumption within many mapping applications and APIs. Members of the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA) and One Scotland Mapping Agreement (OSMA) can use the viaEuropa to consume products included in the agreement.
Documents & Resources
For further information or to request a quotation, please contact our experienced data consultants who will be happy to help you.
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 64 55 60 (direct)
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 37 97 31 (direct)