- Maintained by renowned OS field surveyors
- Complete coverage of the whole of Great Britain
- Every feature uniquely referenced with TOID and Version
- Contains nearly half a billion features
- Annual licence period
- GB coverage, or choose your preferred area
- Discounts for less than organisation-wide use
- Change-only updates available every 6 weeks
- Definitive reference mapping
- Insurance claims management
- Estate management
- Civil engineering
- Planning applications and inquiries
- Public Safety
OS MasterMap Topo (Topography) layer is the most detailed topographic vector map created by Ordnance Survey, the national mapping agency, and the definitive reference map for Great Britain. It sits in the OS MasterMap product family along with OS MasterMap ITN, OS AddressBase and the OS MasterMap Imagery.
OS MasterMap Topo contains nearly half a billion vector features, creating a seamless coverage across the whole of Great Britain. These include administrative boundaries, buildings, heritage & antiquities, land, rail, roads, tracks & paths, structures, terrain & height and water features, all supplied with full attribution including unique identifiers.
Using the combination of TOID (topographic identifier) and version number, you can associate your own data with these features, allowing you to follow the principles of the EU INSPIRE Directive by capturing once and using many times.
Ordnance Survey © Crown copyright. All rights reserved.
Our Added Value
By purchasing OS MasterMap Topo from Europa Technologies, you will automatically receive the following benefits, usually charged additionally by many of our competitors:
- Free Data Life Support – any questions or issues with the product during the licence period, just ask!
- Broad range of formats available – Ordnance Survey supplies large-scale vector products only in GML format, but we can convert this into more commonly used formats such as MapInfo TAB, Esri Shapefile, Esri File GeoDatabase and others.
- Expert advice from an Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner and Ordnance Survey Accredited Consultant.
- Geometry: Points, Lines, Polygons, Text
- Styles: Default style set supplied by Ordnance Survey as XML schema, or create your own
- Features include: man-made features such as roads, railways and buildings, plus natural environment features such as vegetation (e.g. nonconiferous trees) and landform features (e.g. cliffs).
- Resolution: Usually to centimetre precision
- Geographic chunk size: 2km by 2km, 5km by 5km or 10km by 10km
- Non-geographic chunk size: 10Mb, 30Mb or 50Mb.
- Coverage: Great Britain, or smaller area
- Scale: urban, rural and remote areas captured at scales of 1:1,250, 1:2,500 and 1:10,000 respectively, and suitable for display at these scales.
- Coordinate system: British National Grid
OS MasterMap Topo can be used with other products to provide increased value and business benefits:
- Combine with OS MasterMap ITN (Integrated Transport Network) to calculate detailed routes using your routing software.
- Combine with OS AddressBase to label buildings with full address data.
OS MasterMap Topo is available in the following data formats:
- GML v2.1.2 (using GZ compression)
- ESRI Shapefile
- MapInfo TAB or MIF/MID
Other major data formats can be supported by special arrangement.
OS MasterMap Topo is supplied on DVD or portable hard disk, depending on data volume. Small data packages many be delivered by download.
Pricing and Licensing
OS MasterMap Topo can be licensed for internal business use, including deployment on the Internet or corporate intranet.
Please contact our data consultants (details below) with your requirements for a quotation.
viaEuropa Hosted Map Services
Europa Technologies can also manage Ordnance Survey digital maps for you. Our award-winning viaEuropa service delivers Ordnance Survey data as map tiles for consumption within many mapping applications and APIs. Members of the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA) or One Scotland Mapping Agreement (OSMA) can use the viaEuropa service to consume products included in the agreement.
Documentation & Resources
For further information or to request a quotation, please contact our experienced data consultants who will be happy to help you.
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 64 55 60 (direct)
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 37 97 31 (direct)