- Over 540,000 kilometres of Great Britain’s road network
- Includes road routing information such as turn restrictions, one-way roads, traffic calming and access and time restrictions
- Every feature uniquely referenced with TOID and Version
- Annual licence period
- GB coverage, or choose your preferred area
- Discounts for less than organisation-wide use
- Change-only update available every 6 weeks
- Asset management
- Emergency service command & control
- Fleet and waste management
- Logistics scheduling and tracking
- Streetworks and road maintenance
- Traffic analysis
Comprising over 540,000 km of Great Britain’s road network from motorways to local streets, the OS MasterMap ITN (Integrated Transport Network Layer) layer is an essential tool for Government and business. In addition to the actual road layout, the data also includes Road Routing Information features connected to the roads such as turn restrictions, one-way roads, traffic calming and access and time restrictions.
Using the combination of TOID (topographic identifier) and version number, you can associate your own data with these features, allowing you to follow the principles of the EU INSPIRE Directive by capturing once and using many times.
Our Added Value
By purchasing OS MasterMap ITN from Europa Technologies, you will automatically receive the following benefits, usually charged additionally by many of our competitors:
- Free Data Life Support – any questions or issues with the product during the licence period, just ask!
- Broad range of formats available – Ordnance Survey supplies large-scale vector products only in GML format, but we can convert this into more commonly used formats such as MapInfo TAB, ESRI Shapefiles and others.
- Expert advice from an Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner and OS Accredited Consultant.
- Geometry: Lines and nodes
- Features include: Motorways, A-roads, B-roads, local streets, roundabouts, turn restrictions, access limitations and one-way streets
- Resolution: Usually to centimetre precision
- Geographic chunk size: 2km by 2km, 5km by 5km or 10km by 10km
- Non-geographic chunk size: 10Mb, 30Mb or 50Mb
- Coverage: Great Britain, or smaller area
- Scale: Recommended viewing between 1:1,250 and 1:10,000
- Coordinate system: British National Grid
OS MasterMap ITN can be used with other products to provide increased value and business benefits:
- Combine with OS MasterMap Topo layer to visualise road and track widths and other topographic information.
- Combine with OS AddressBase to search and visualise buildings with full address data.
OS MasterMap ITN is available in the following data formats:
- GML v2.1.2 (using GZ compression)
- ESRI Shapefile
- MapInfo TAB or MIF/MID
Other major data formats can be supported by special arrangement.
OS MasterMap ITN is supplied on DVD or portable hard disk, depending on data volume. Small data packages may be delivered by download.
Pricing and Licensing
OS MasterMap ITN can be licensed for internal business use, including deployment on the Internet or corporate intranet.
Please contact our sales team (details below) with your requirements for a quotation.
viaEuropa Hosted Map Services
Europa Technologies can also manage Ordnance Survey digital maps for you. Our award-winning viaEuropa service delivers Ordnance Survey data as map tiles for consumption within many mapping applications and APIs. Members of the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA) and One Scotland Mapping Agreement (OSMA) can use the viaEuropa to consume products included in the agreement.
Documents & Resources
For further information or to request a quotation, please contact our experienced data consultants who will be happy to help you.
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 64 55 60 (direct)
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 37 97 31 (direct)