- Address information for Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- Over 1 million extra records outside of Great Britain
- Every feature uniquely referenced with UPRN (Unique Property Reference Number)
- Identify places of multiple occupancy
- Change-only update available every 6 weeks
- Supplied using the same structure as AddressBase Plus or AddressBase Premium
- 3-month free trial available
- Address level geocoding
- Utility asset management
- Customer analysis
- Delivery routing
- Insurance claims management
- Public Safety
OS AddressBase products are an essential source of detailed location intelligence for both business and government. They enable you to identify opportunities, monitor trends, manage risk and deliver superior service to your customers. AddressBase includes the Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN) – a persistent unique identifier which provides a reference key to join related address records across different data sets.
AddressBase Islands data can be used across your organisation. Common uses of the data include:
- Within your internal systems to quickly locate an address record.
- On your website to enable new customers to specify their address.
- Within your mapping application to view addresses on the map.
- Within your batch geocoding solution to match addresses in bulk.
Europa Technologies can assist with the integration of the data into your existing systems. Our viaEuropa service makes it easy to visualise AddressBase Islands in your mapping applications. We also offer a high-performance geocoding API, AddressCloud, to accelerate and improve your interactive and batch geocoding.
Our Added Value
By purchasing OS AddressBase Islands from Europa Technologies, you will automatically receive the following benefits, usually charged additionally by many of our competitors:
- Free Data Life Support – any questions or issues with the product during the licence period, just ask!
- Broad range of formats available – Ordnance Survey supplies large-scale vector products only in GML format, but we can convert this into more commonly used formats such as MapInfo TAB, ESRI Shapefiles and others.
- Expert advice from an Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner and OS Accredited Consultant.
|Format:||Comma Separated Value (CSV) and GML 3.2.1|
|Attributes:||Royal Mail postal addresses, where matched to a UPRN; coordinates.|
|Scale:||1:1250 to 1:10 000.|
|Update frequency:||Six-weekly refresh (known as an Epoch)|
|Supply:||CD, DVD and FTP (for orders under 2 Gb)|
|Coverage:||Great Britain, Northern Ireland & Crown Dependencies – pre-defined areas are available, or you may define your own area of interest|
OS AddressBase Islands be used with other products to provide increased value and business benefits:
- Combine with OS MasterMap Topo layer to visualise road and track widths and other topographic information.
- Combine with OS MasterMap ITN layer to calculate detailed routes using your routing software.
In addition to the standard delivery formats (CSV & GML), OS AddressBase Islands is available in the following data formats:
- PostgreSQL/PostGIS Compressed Backup
- ESRI Shapefile
- MapInfo TAB
- MapInfo TAB or MIF/MID
Other major data formats can be supported by special arrangement.
OS AddressBase Islands is supplied on DVD or portable hard disk, depending on data volume. Small data packages may be delivered by download.
Pricing and Licensing
OS AddressBase Islands can be licensed for internal business use, including deployment on the Internet or corporate intranet.
Please contact our consultants (details below) with your requirements for a quotation.
viaEuropa Hosted Map Service
Europa Technologies can also manage Ordnance Survey digital maps for you. Our award-winning viaEuropa service delivers Ordnance Survey data as map tiles for consumption within many mapping applications and APIs. Members of the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA) and One Scotland Mapping Agreement (OSMA) can use the viaEuropa service to consume products included in the agreement.
For further information or to request a quotation, please contact our experienced data consultants who will be happy to help you.
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 64 55 60 (direct)
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 37 97 31 (direct)