- The most detailed seamless world map data set available
- Includes all layers from Global Insight Plus…
- + Global elevation data
- Fully featured reference mapping
- Current political world map
- Over 1.35 million named places with alternative spellings
- Internet / enterprise ready
- Data featured in Google Earth/Maps
New in Global Discovery v2019.1
- An increase to over 1.5 million named places
- Political updates to over 40 countries
- Updated 1st and 2nd level administrative boundaries
- Continued hi-resolution border improvements
- Time zones updated with DST for 2019/2020
- New: IMO Particularly Sensitive Sea Areas (PSSA) layer
- Updated Earthquakes layer
- Updated Exclusive Economic Zones layer
- Updated monthly (2018) cloud cover raster layers
- Cartographic styling improvements
Global Discovery is the most extensive global vector map available from Europa Technologies. In addition to the rich map layers from Global Insight Plus, Global Discovery features elevation data to form the most detailed seamless world map data set available.
Global Discovery features vector reference mapping at 1:1,000,000 scale for the entire world. Coverage is provided by a manageable set of layers including over 1.5 million named places, points of interest, up-to-date political maps (1:1m & 1:3m scale), coastlines, international borders, some first and second level administrative borders, time zones, roads, railways, drainage features (rivers and lakes), national parks, airports (including IATA code) and ports (including UN/LOCODE). The elevation layers include polygon bands in metre and feet-based increments plus land contours and a mountain gazetteer.
Global Discovery consists of the following intermatching data layers:
- Current political map, 1:1m scale [regions]
- Current political Map, 1:3m scale [regions]
- Country reference [points]
- Time zones [regions]
- Coastlines [polylines]
- International borders [polylines]
- 1st level administrative borders [polylines]
- 2nd level administrative borders [polylines]
- 2nd level administrative regions [regions]
- Places; 1.5m+ [points]
- Alternative names [points]
- Points of Interest (POI) [points]
- Urban sprawls [regions]
- Sea bathymetry [regions]
- Ocean Features [polylines]
- Drainage [regions, polylines & points]
- Airports [points]
- Ports [points]
- Roads [polylines]
- Railways [polylines]
- National Parks [regions]
- Land contours [polylines]
- Lo-Res topography, 2min [raster]
- Hi-Res topography, 30sec [raster]
- Mountains [points]
A number of useful backgrounds, grids and lines are also supplied in addition to flag images (GIF format) at two resolutions.
Global Discovery benefits by being part of the Expo content programme. Expo includes useful map layers, from Europa Technologies partners and selected third parties, covering a number of industries and subjects. Future releases will extend this bonus content offering.
|Earth Science||Earthquakes||Earthquake events from January 1973 to release date, including magnitude.|
|Earth Science||Plate Boundaries||Global tectonic plate boundaries (ridge, trench & transform).|
|Earth Science||Shaded Relief||Global shaded relief raster layer for land & ocean areas.|
|Political||EEZ||Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ).|
|Transportation||Flights||Global layer connecting departure/arrival airports for scheduled flights.|
There are an unlimited number of uses for Global Discovery. Potential applications include:
- General reference mapping
- Global geocoding by place name
- International strategic planning
- Transportation planning & tracking
- Mining, oil & gas exploration
- Name overlay for satellite imagery
- Travel planning
Global Discovery is ready to deploy on the Internet or corporate intranet.
Global Discovery is available in the following data formats:
- Esri File GeoDatabase
- Esri Shapefile
- MapInfo TAB / TAB Extended
Other major data formats can be supported by special arrangement.
Delivery & Media
Global Discovery is supplied by online delivery with a digitally signed installer.
Licensing & Pricing
All geo data products from Europa Technologies include free lifetime support. Note that all data is licensed, not sold, and is subject to our standard End-User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Single & Multi-User Licences
Global Discovery (perpetual single end-user licence) – GBP: £3295 / USD: $5595 / EUR: €4795
Multi-user licence costs are based on a multiplier of the single user cost. E&OE
Maintenance & Updates
For single and multi-user licences, product maintenance (including all updates for one year) may be purchased for 50% of the costs above.
A one-off update can be purchased for 30% of the costs above.
Web & Server Licences
Global Discovery may be deployed in an Internet / intranet web environment or used in a central server based capacity for an annual fee of three times single user price. If the use of the product includes service resale (ASP models, etc.), the annual fee is five times the single user price. Prices include all updates for each licensed year. For intranet or server based applications where the number of users is known, the multi-user licence pricing above (one-off payment, perpetual licence) may be used. All web/server licences are per application, per year. There are no restrictions to the number of servers, users or hits.
Attractive licensing terms are available to organisations who wish to integrate Global Discovery into their own software products. Such applications are subject to a commercial agreement. Please contact our sales team to discuss your requirements.
For further information, please contact our experienced data consultants who will be happy to help you.
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 64 55 60 (direct)
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 37 97 31 (direct)
Data products from Europa Technologies offer great opportunities for resellers, distributors, developers and data brokers.
Affinity Partner Network